The Spectrum Intelligent Filter is the most powerful stereo filter
effect pedal ever created. Building on almost 15 years of filter pedal
technology and know-how, Spectrum is the culmination of Source Audio's
finest envelope sounds and best thinking on how to easily incorporate
those sounds into rigs of all types. The pedal not only features finely
crafted envelope filter effects inspired by some of the most iconic and
sought-after effects pedals on the market, it also includes buzzing,
synth-like octave/distortion/filter effects. The pedal is a cleverly
integrated, all-in-one funk/psych/electronic/jam machine. Whether you
want to easily plug and play with its six carefully crafted factory
sounds, browse the ever-growing Neuro library for additional sounds
created by Source Audio and other Spectrum owners, or use the Neuro’s
deep sound editing tools to create your own highly personalized presets,
this filter pedal will satisfy the needs of any guitar, bass, keyboard,
horn, or (insert your instrument here) player.
Plug In and Play
The Spectrum Intelligent Filter was designed with
special attention given to the simple plug-and-play experience. Right
out of the box the pedal offers easy access to tones inspired by some of
the most iconic and difficult to find envelope filters effects pedals
on the market. It also offers synth-like tones comprised of distorted
octave and envelope phaser sounds. Because of the pedal's ALT button,
the Spectrum's four knob control surface actually offers access to eight
different parameters. Use the Spectrum's Input Gain, Sensitivity
and Speed controls to dial in the perfect envelope response for your
needs. Maybe you like a slow and smooth envelope movement while you
really dig-in on the strings, or possibly you want a quick moving filter
that responds to light picking - either way is achievable with the
Spectrum. The Frequency, Resonance, Depth and Mix controls
provide fine control over the color and character of your filter
effects. Whatever your needs, the Spectrum is the most comprehensive
filter effects pedal available.
On the surface, the Spectrum Intelligent Filter features a simple
4-knob interface and a choice of six amazing guitar/bass envelope filter
effects - just plug-in and play. If you want to take things to take
things a bit further, we urge that you connect the Spectrum to our Neuro
Preset Editing & Browsing tools. The Neuro Mobile App is available
for free at the and . The Neuro Desktop Editor is available as a free download for Mac or Windows systems on our . Inside
Neuro you will find the tools to create your own one-of-a-kind envelope
tone. Use the Spectrum’s collection of two parallel filter voices,
octave up or down effects, and distortion to dial in that perfect tone.
The Neuro also offers a growing collection of additional envelope filter
presets created by the Source Audio team as well as the ever-expanding
community of Spectrum users - just touch the screen to open a preset in
your Spectrum. If you like what you hear, hit the BURN button and upload
the preset to any of the pedal's six toggle switch positions.
Neuro Editor Features
- Six Onboard Presets: Choose
from six different onboard envelope filter effects. Vintage sounds
include effects inspired by the iconic Mu-Tron© and Lovetone Meatball©
pedals, as well as contemporary envelopes with thumping octave-down
effects and buzzing synth-like tones.
- Simple 4-Knob Control Panel: Adjust
8 different parameters with 4 knobs. Primary controls include Input
Level, Modulation Depth, Frequency Starting Point, and Envelope Speed.
Alternate controls (accessible by pressing the ALT button) include
Envelope Sensitivity, Wet/Dry Mix, Resonance, and Output Volume.
- Excellent Envelope Filter Response:
Use the Spectrum's Input Gain, Sensitivity and Speed controls to dial
in the perfect envelope response for your needs. Maybe you like slow and
smooth envelope movement while you really dig-in on the strings, or
possibly you want a quick moving filter that responds to light picking -
either way is achievable with the Spectrum.
- Growing Library of Published Presets: For
quick access to a world of great tones, try sampling sounds from a vast
collection of published presets created by the Source Audio team and
the ever-growing Spectrum Neuro Community.
- Unprecedented Sound Sculpting Options: The
powerful Neuro Desktop Editor (Free download for Mac and Windows) and
Neuro Mobile App (iOS and Android) offer maximum sound exploration
possibilities. Use Neuro’s additional filter, octave, and distortion
blocks to create highly unique effects.
- Supreme Tracking: If
tracking matters to you (and it should), you will be amazed by the
lightning quick response from the Spectrum's octave effects.
- 128 MIDI Accessible Factory Presets – The addition of a third party MIDI controller with USB host provides access to any of the pedal’s 128 Factory presets.
- Stereo Inputs and Outputs: Use the Neuro Editor’s panning controls to route each Voice to any location in a full stereo spread.
- Compact Design
– The durable, anodized aluminum housing has a small footprint and
sturdy hardware. Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 2.75 in./7cm x H: 2
in./5.1cm (including knobs).
- Universal BypassTM – Select either analog buffered or relay based True Bypass.
- USB Port
- Class compliant USB-MIDI allows the Spectrum to work as a
plug-and-play device with recording software running on Mac and Windows
recording software or any third party MIDI controller with USB host. The
USB port also offers connectivity to the Neuro Desktop Editor providing
access to deep editing possibilities and pedal firmware updates.
- External Expression and Tap Tempo Control
— Use the Control Input jack with the Source Audio Dual Expression
Pedal (expression control to multiple parameters) or Tap Switch (adjust
LFO rates on the fly).
Connect the Spectrum Intelligent Filter to the Neuro Desktop Editor (
for Mac or Windows computers) or the Neuro Mobile App (free for and )
and explore the power of effect downloading, customization, and sharing
that comes with every One Series pedal.
- Growing Library of Published Presets: Quickly
test and download sounds from the ever-expanding collection of
published User Presets created by Source Audio and the rest of the
Spectrum Filter/Neuro Editor Community.
- Deep Effects Editing Capabilities:
Use the Neuro Desktop Editor (free download for Mac and Windows) or the
Neuro Mobile App (free for iOS and Android) to create, store, and share
highly customized filter effects.
- 25 Different Filters: Choose from a huge collection of filters including several types of low-pass, band pass, multi-pole, and phaser effects.
- Dual Filter Effects: Run
two different envelope filters simultaneously, each with its own
envelope response as well as Frequency, Depth, Direction and Q controls.
- Octave Effects: Use the Spectrum's two Octave Voices to mix in octave effects. Choose from one or two octaves down or one octave up.
Styles of Envelope Follower: Choose from 11 different types of envelope
follower with adjustable attack/decay as well as ADSR triggering
- 14 Different LFO Wave Shapes:
Use LFO (Low Frequency Oscillators) to control filter modulation.
Choose from eight different LFO wave shapes, including sine, square,
sample and hold, saw tooth, and more.
- 13 Types of Distortion: Choose anything from a subtle drive effect to extremely fuzzy Foldback effects.
- USB Connection –
Use the pedal’s mini USB port to connect the Spectrum to the Neuro
Desktop Editor, which can be used to edit presets or download the latest
The Spectrum Intelligent Filter responds to MIDI Program Change (PC) and
Continuous Controller (CC) messages via its mini USB port. The USB port
handles communication between the Spectrum and digital audio
workstations (DAW) on Mac and Windows machines as well as external MIDI
controllers with USB host support (we recommend the from Disaster Area Designs)
- Preset Saving – Save up to 128 effect presets.
- MIDI Mapping – Use the Neuro Desktop Editor to easily map MIDI Continuous Controller (CC) messages to a comprehensive list of parameters.
- Preset Recall - Use MIDI CC numbers 103 & 104 to recall any of the Spectrum's 128 MIDI accessible presets.
- MIDI Clock – Sync the Spectrum's LFO rate with external MIDI clock messages.
- The Neuro Hub - Connect the Spectrum to the Neuro Hub and use MIDI CC messages to control parameters or recall presets.
As of Hub fw 1.18 and Spectrum fw 1.05, the Spectrum can now be added
to scenes, is visible through the Hub, and can be controlled by PC
messages, giving you the full access to 128 preset slots.
- Includes 9v DC power supply (300mA / Negative Tip)
- Includes 1/8” to 1/4” cable for Neuro Mobile App connection.
- Power Consumption — 165mA
- USB port — Connects to Mac or Windows PC for firmware updates and the forthcoming in-depth effects editing software.
- Brushed anodized aluminum housing.
- Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 2.75 in./7cm x H: 2 in./5.1cm (including knobs)