The new C9 Organ Machine springboards off the revolutionary B9 to mine another rich vein of classic gold and provide players with nine more definitive organ and keyboard sounds.
The C9 will transform your instrument into a convincing full body, electric organ or vintage electronic keyboard. For each preset chosen, it also provides precise control over important elements of that sound’s sonic fingerprint like percussive click, modulation, attack/sustain, drawbar setting or high frequency content. Blend your dry signal to create beautiful layers. Lovers of classic organ and keyboard rejoice!
- Transform the tone of a guitar or keyboard
- 9 presets that were finely tuned to emulate some of the most popular and classic organ and keyboard tones ever recorded
- Provides control over percussive attack level, modulation speed, organ and dry volume
- Rugged and easy to use
- Use together with the B9 for dual keyboard possibilities!
- EHX 9.6DC-200 PSU included
- Dimensions in inches: 4.0 (w) x 4.75 (l) x 2.25 (h)
- Dimensions in mm: 102 (w) x 121 (l) x 89 (h)
The C9 transforms the tone of a guitar or keyboard into that of a convincing electric organ yet is easy to use and play. Based on the sound engine found in the EHX B9 Organ Machine, the C9 delves deeper into the sonic territory of classic organs covering a vast array of memorable electric organ tones. The C9 has controls covering percussive attack level, modulation speed, and both organ and dry volume.
WARNING: Your C9 comes equipped with an Electro-Harmonix 9.6DC-200BI power supply (same as used by Boss® & Ibanez®: 9.6 Volts DC 200mA). The C9 requires 100mA at 9VDC with a center negative plug. Using the wrong adapter or a plug with the wrong polarity may damage your C9 and void the warranty.
GETTING STARTED -
Connect the supplied power adapter to the 9V power jack. Plug your instrument into the INPUT jack; connect your amp to the ORGAN OUTPUT jack. Set the DRY knob to minimum and all the other top row knobs to about mid position. Select the preset named TONE WHEEL and step on the footswitch to turn on the LED. Play your instrument and adjust controls to your liking. MOD controls modulation speed and CLICK controls percussive click level.
DRY VOLUME KNOB -
Controls the volume of the untreated instrument at the ORGAN OUTPUT jack.
ORGAN VOLUME KNOB -
Controls the overall volume of the ORGAN preset.
MOD KNOB -
MOD controls the speed of modulation. Modulation can be completely turned off when MOD is set fully counterclockwise. The type of modulation is contingent on the preset selected. The different types of modulation available are vibrato, tremolo and chorus. See the preset descriptions for modulation type.
CLICK KNOB -
CLICK controls percussive click level. It was designed to simulate the harmonic percussion effect on classic B3 and C3 organs. The click is added to the very first note or chord played. The click will retrigger only when current notes have been released and their amplitude falls below a threshold. For most presets, CLICK controls parameters unique to the preset. See the preset descriptions for details.
BYPASS FOOTSWITCH -
Press the BYPASS Footswitch to toggle the C9 between buffered Bypass and Effect mode. The status LED lights when in Effect mode.
DRY OUTPUT JACK -
DRY outputs the signal present at the INPUT Jack through a buffer circuit. The dry signal is outputted regardless if the C9 is in Effect or Bypass mode. The DRY Volume knob does not change the volume at the DRY Output jack.
ORGAN OUTPUT JACK -
ORGAN outputs the mix set by the DRY and ORGAN controls.
1. Tone Wheel - Classic tone wheel-esque organ sound. MOD type: Chorus. CLICK sets level of click sound.
2. Prog – Paying homage to the massive sound of Keith Emerson of Emerson Lake and Palmer. MOD type: Chorus. CLICK adjusts the level of two intervals: a fifth above and an octave below.
3. Compact - This preset imitates a sound similar to Ray Manzarek’s tone on the Door’s “Light My Fire.” MOD type: Vibrato. CLICK adjusts the level of upper harmonics.
4. Shimmer - This preset is based on an effect made popular by Brain Eno and Daniel Lanois. MOD adjusts the attack time. CLICK controls the sustain amount.
5. Lord Purple – Our salute to the Jon Lord-ish type organ sound of Deep Purple. The ORGAN level controls the level of one set of 3 drawbars. MOD Type: Chorus. CLICK adjusts the level of a second set of 3 drawbars.
6. Mello Flutes – A tribute to the classic Mellotron flute tape sound of The Beatles’ song “Strawberry Fields Forever.” MOD Type: Vibrato. CLICK adjusts the depth of the vibrato.
7. Blimp - Led Zeppelin type sound. MOD Type: Chorus. CLICK adjusts the level of upper harmonics.
8. Press Tone – EHX’s nod to the great organ sound found on The Beatles’ song “Let It Be.” MOD type: Chorus. CLICK sets level of click sound.
9. Telstar - Envisions the legendary sound of a Clavioline as used on The Tornadoes song “Telstar.” MOD Type: Vibrato. CLICK adjusts the level of upper harmonics.
Note: On presets 2, 3, 5 and 7; the CLICK knob is a volume control that works independently of the main ORGAN volume knob.
NOTES AND SPECIFICATIONS
• C9 has buffered bypass.
• Input impedance is 1.
• Output impedance for both output jacks is 500.
• Current draw of the C9 is 100mA.