BLUES SPECIALS: THE PERFECT BALANCE BETWEEN WARM AND BRIGHT
The Blues Special set of Single Coil Pickups is our second
best-selling single coil set. Musicians looking for a thick, warm, and
beefier sound will love the sound of Blues Special pickups. Blues
Specials are wound with 5% more coil, which is 5% hotter than our Stock Tele pickups.
Our Blues Specials are perfect for anyone trying to balance out a
bright-sounding Tele, or who want a beefier single-coil sound without
When playing clean, Blues Specials sound thick and rich, especially
in the lows and mids. Additionally, Blues Specials sound very open and
clear without sounding too compressed. The 5% overwound coil gives the
player 5% less highs and 5% more mids than the Stock Tele Pickups.
With distortion, the tone cuts through and while being slightly
compressed and thick with a low-end growl and a medium attack. Single
notes sound thick and round, while chords have a full tone with an early
breakup. This pickup sounds powerful and bold – a great way to take
your guitar’s tone to the next level.
- 5% more coil than our Stock Tele Set: 5% more output and mids, 5% less highs
- Perfect for anyone looking for a bold-sounding pickup to balance out a bright guitar
- Direct replacement for Fender® Telecaster®, or other single-coil equipped guitars
- Thick, full sound with low-end growl and warm treble strings
- Our Stock set features a 5% overwound bridge
- Chrome cover for Neck pickup
Hand wound with 42 gauge Heavy Formvar wire, beveled AlNiCo V magnets
and cloth leads. We recommend using 250K pots with Blues Special
Pickups. Our Blues Special Pickups are based on a modified version of
50’s specifications, The Bridge pickup is just hot enough to have the
same output as the neck and middle pickups. At Lindy Fralin Pickups, we
always use USA-Made Wire and Magnets.